TV & Film
"This isn't a romance. It's a horror story."
Anika and Liz take a look at TNG's "Sub Rosa". And, you know, we try really hard to be positive about matters Trekkish, even in the face of (say) a favourite character taking a photon torpedo in the face.
But there's no getting around it: "Sub Rosa" is terrible.
We talk about consent, depictions of sexuality in Star Trek, and the ... interesting takes on this episode from the people who made it.
We also discuss...
And we wonder, does Ronin help out around the house? Do the dishes? Probably not!
Note: Given the nature of "Sub Rosa", we're discussing sex and rape far more than in the average episode.
You can find links and credits for our theme music at antimatterpod.tumblr.com.
75. It's Ruined Childhoods Again
74. Talking Dolphins
73. The Rick Berman Problem
72. What About Manperson?
71. Edith Keeler in the 23rd Century
70. Clinton-Era Star Trek
69. She’s A Queen, Motherf****er! (Discovery 3.13)
68. A Little Capitalism, As A Treat (Discovery 3.12)
67. The Last Dilithiumbender (Discovery 3.11)
66. Ebenezer Georgiou (Discovery 3.10)
65. Harlan Ellison’s Angry Ghost (Discovery 3.09)
64. Starfleet Is A Social Construct (Discovery 3.08)
63. Michael and Ahsoka (Discovery 3.07)
62. Blue Redshirt (Discovery 3.06)
61. Fetch Quest (Discovery 3.05)
60. Trilling Around (Discovery 3.04)
59. It's Just A Really Good Tree, Man (Discovery 3.03)
58.Sexy Neelix (Discovery 3.01 and 3.02)
57. A Tale of Two Romulan Commanders
56. At Least One Pon Farr
Kill James Bond!
Pop Culture Happy Hour
The Office Deep Dive with Brian Baumgartner
The Weekly Planet
The Horror Virgin
Copyright © 2006-2021 Podbean.com