This week we focus on writing fantasy. Kate is a practiced hand and Máire's just begun, so we go through Melissa Kelly’s Top Eight Rules For Writing Fantasy http://fantasy.fictionfactor.com/articles/fantasyrules.html and talk about what we’ve done, what we have yet to do, and what we feel guilty about not doing.
Kate mentions Austin Kleon’s Show Your Work http://austinkleon.com/show-your-work/ and the Mythcreants http://mythcreants.com/ in her very knowledgeable take on writing fantasy. Cathy keeps us on track, reminding us that much of this is good advice for writing in all genres, and Máire threatens everyone with the potential of writing ‘Orcrotica’!
Presented and produced by Cathy Clarke, Kate Mulholland and Máire Brophy.
Music by Gavin Mulhall
55. The last one
54. Interview with Catherine Kullmann
53. Interview with JM Coombs
52. Interviews with Ann Richardson and Jacky Dahlhaus
51.News from the Dublin Writers Conference and news of book launch event
50. Spotlight on After the World
49. updates, book covers and the Dublin Writers Conference
48. The Second Semi-Annual Writers Retreat
47. Everybody Loves Samwise Gamgee
46. Climate Fiction, 'Hot' New Genre
45. Writing your author bio... in space
44. Dungeons and Dragons and Advice
43. Interview with Sinead Hamill
42. It's been too long
41. NaNoWriMo past the half way point
40. NaNoWriMo Day 7
39. NaNoWriMo... And they're off!
38. Prepping for NaNoWriMo
37. Interview with Kevin Curran
36. Walking Around
Pride and Prejudice
Grimms' Fairy Tales
The Count of Monte Cristo
Knightly Pleasures - Erotica for Women