"With improvisation the answer is don't be afraid...you can't be wrong!..Get the fundamentals sorted, learn your scales, be able to play in tune and then simply go for it!"
An 'on-the-go' interview this week over poached eggs in London with one of the UK's leading flute and sax players Theo Travis. From working and going on tour with Pink Floyd Legend Dave Gilmore, composing and recording with the wonderful guitarist Robert Fripp, and the wonderful music making with the fabulous Soft Machine group, Theo encourages the listeners to explore their musical horizons.
For more information on Theo, his recordings and the wonderful new app that he mentions in the podcast visit www.theotravis.com
Next week, Clare returns and takes a look at some of flute gadgets and gizmo's on the market.
If you'd like to suggest some future podcast subjects for either Clare or Jean-Paul to cover then you can either email at email@example.com or make contact through the many TJ flute social media channels, details of which can be found on the Trevor James flute websites.
'Talking Flutes' and 'Talking Flutes Extra' are podcast productions by the Trevor James flute company. For more information visit www.trevorjamesflutes.com
126 - You might as well put a bowl over your head!
125. 'I Can - I Will"...De-stress & focus with guided meditation - Jean-Paul Wright
124. Want a Piccolo Makeover? Sally Minter
123. I hate the saying 'Practice makes Perfect" - Clare Southworth
122. How to wear many musical hats and succeed!
121. Creating music in the moment - Grammy & Emmy Award winning musicians José Valentino & Gualo
120. Learn how to be a Beatboxing flute genius - Greg Pattillo
119. "For me, improvisation has been my therapy" - Elsa Nilsson
118. I could have been a retiring rock musician, what a thought that is! - Clare Southworth
117. The flute is such a mysterious instrument - Paul Edmund-Davies
116. A flute in my refrigerator! - Helen Spielman
115. Trust in yourself and your musical preparation - Dr Cate Hummel
114. Falling in love with optimism is the key - Viviana Guzmán
113. Have the courage to trust in your own judgment - Jasmine Choi
112. Your lockdown quarantine advice guru - Clare Southworth
111. Perception is rarely reality! - Jean-Paul & Clare Southworth
110. The flute gym - Stephen Clark
109. Developing a positive and inquisitive listening strategy - Clare Southworth
108. Parisienne Coronavirus lockdown survival - Mihi Kim
107. Creating self belief and banishing destructive self doubt! - Psychiatrist Dr Roelof Joe Stammeijer
Resident by Hernan Cattaneo
Markus Schulz presents Global DJ Broadcast
Dj Santana Radio Podcast
Above & Beyond: Group Therapy
Tiny Desk Concerts - Video