TV & Film
It's an All News episode of Shot/Reverse Shot this week as Matt and Ed discuss the future of streaming in a post-FilmStruck world, the trailer for the computer generated remake of The Lion King, and the deaths of Nicolas Roeg and Ricky Jay. They also find time to discuss Ed's ill-advised decision to watch Gotti, Fred Durst's directorial style, and sea shanties.
00:00:00 - 00:12:45 - Intro
00:12:46 - 00:48:14 - News
00:48:15 - 00:52:01 - SRS Recommends & Outro
00:52:02 - 00:55:27 - Shanty Talk!
- "Monologue: An Antelope from The Lion King Wonders Why He Was Invited to the Celebration of Simba's Birth" from McSweeneys, as recommended by Matt
- "Secrets of the Magus", the New Yorker profile of Ricky Jay from 1993
314. Autumnal Movies
313. Frequent Collaborations
311. Borat and the Limits of Satire
309. One Location Movies
308. This Hits Different
306. The State of Streaming
305. News Roundup
303. The Cultural Weight of the Criterion Collection
302. Late Night Television
300. Ed's Birthday 2020
299. When Will Movies Come Back?
298. Best of the Year So Far
297. Olivia de Havilland
296. Movies and Video Games
295. Don't Go to Movie Theatres. Wear A Mask. This Isn't Hard.
Now Playing - The Movie Review Podcast
Watch What Crappens
Pop Culture Happy Hour
We Hate Movies
God Awful Movies