Society & Culture
Discover what’s possible when your life is not defined by a single identity.
Tiffany Hammond is an autism self-advocate, a mother to two boys on the spectrum, and the voice behind the blog Fidgets and Fries. As a Black and autistic woman, Tiffany aims to educate others about autism and intersectional advocacy.
In this conversation, Tiffany describes how she became aware of her differences, the guilt she felt after her first son was diagnosed, and how she finally accepted her own autism.
Tiffany shares the journey of her advocacy work, how she feels about being an Instagram influencer, and why she felt conflicted about her sudden social media growth after the death of George Floyd.
Other topics we discuss are the division within the autism community and the overlap between intersectionality and neurodiversity.
To learn more about Tiffany Hammond, please visit:
We appreciate your time. If you enjoy this podcast and you’d like to support our mission, please take just a few seconds to share it with one person who you think will find value in it too. You can also follow us on Instagram @autismpodcast and subscribe to our YouTube channel Global Autism Project.
We would love to hear your feedback about the show. Please fill out this short survey to let us know your thoughts: Listener Survey.
56. Do With Not For, with Our CEO Molly Ola Pinney
55. My Journey of Becoming a Public Speaker, with Thomas Iland
54. Empowering Parents in China, with Jie Bing Zhang
53. SkillCorps Alumni Spotlight, with Natalie Odio and Christina Flores
52. Autism Representation in the Media, with Dr. Kerry Magro
51. The Inspiration for Pixar's SparkShort "Float," with Bobby Rubio
50. Behind the Music: ASD Band, with Rawan Tuffaha, Spenser Murray, and Andrew Simon
49. Special Education and Disability Rights, with Michael Gilberg
48. Parenting Made Special in Singapore, with Ayu Suparman
47. Neurodiversity in Popular Cartoon Characters, with Jeff Snyder
46. Autism in the Black American Community, with Maria Davis-Pierre
45. Channeling My Past into the Light of the Future, with Marcus Boyd
44. Support Across the Lifespan at Jake's House in Canada, with David Bodanis
42. Meet the Global Autism Project Team
41. Highlights of 2020, with the Global Autism Community
40. From Burnout to Thriving, with Jenny Llorca
39. Why the World Needs All Kinds of Minds, with Dr. Temple Grandin
38. Auticon UK: Another Perspective on IT Consultancy, with Stephanie De Kremer and Russell Botting
BONUS: Join the Training that Transformed My Life, with Rachel Harmon
Copyright © 2006-2021 Podbean.com