First, Leslie gives her take on the latest news of the day in her 'Ripped from the Headlines' segment.
Here are the stories that she covered:
1. AXIOS: "National Governors Association leaders express concern over Trump's unemployment order"
2. Axios-Ipsos poll: 1 in 2 has a personal connection to COVID-19
3. AUDIO: "Trump claims he would have not called for Obama to resign over 160,000 virus deaths"
4. ASSOCIATED PRESS: "Inaction by Congress leaves states to pay for election costs"
5. AXIOS: "Sports stadiums may become voting sites amid pandemic"
6. LAW AND CRIME: "‘Obviously Required to Provide It’: Trump Given Deadlines to Produce DNA in E. Jean Carroll’s Defamation Lawsuit"
7. N.Y. TIMES: "A Bible Burning, a Russian News Agency and a Story Too Good to Check Out"
Then, Leslie is joined by Moe Vela, who served in President Obama’s administration as the Director of Administration and Senior Advisor in the Office of Vice President Joe Biden.
The two talk about the state of the 2020 presidential race between Joe Biden and Donald Trump, including what Vela's time working with Biden as Vice President taught him about the current Democratic nominee. Leslie and Moe also discuss new polling showing that only 31% of Americans trust what President Trump says about the coronavirus.
Moe Vela's time serving in the Obama/Biden administration was the second White House appointment for Mr. Vela, who served as Chief Financial Officer and Senior Advisor on Hispanic Affairs for Vice President Al Gore. Mr. Vela holds the distinction of being the first Hispanic American and gay American to serve twice in a senior executive role in the White House.
His Twitter handle is @MoeVela.
What’s Next In The Fight To Protect Undocumented People in the U.S.
American Political Climate; Infrastructure Bill Negotiations
National Implications of California Recall; Status Check on the Economy
California Gubernatorial Recall Election Today
California Recall Election, Vaccine Mandates, Texas Abortion Law
Abortion Rights Under Attack
Texas Passes Draconian Abortion and Voter Suppression Laws
End Of War In Afghanistan; New Tom Nichols Book
Plight of Migrants at Mexican Border; Political News of the Week
Expert Analysis on COVID-19 Delta Variant and U.S. Withdrawal from Afghanistan
'No Democracy Without Black Women' Report 2021
Senate Passes $1.2 Trillion Bipartisan Infrastructure Package
Investigating the Insurrectionists; Competing Infrastructure Packages
What The Build Back Better Plan Means For Young People
Health System CEO for Gun Violence Prevention; COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates
Combating COVID Misinformation; Evaluating President Biden's First Six Months
U.S. Poised For a Manufacturing Renaissance
Afghanistan Withdrawal, Gen Milley Feared Trump Coup, Student Debt
The Power Of Celebrity In Politics
Rebuilding American Infrastructure; Made In USA Talk
Copyright © 2006-2021 Podbean.com