What event planners look for in a speaker may seem like a mystery, but today's guest is going to reveal all the secrets!
Josh McGhee is an event planner who books professional speakers with fees ranging from a few thousand dollars up to $40,000.
Today he'll tell us how he and his team choose those speakers, including the one thing they all must have or he won't book them, and what you can do to be a better partner with your clients and grow your referrals.
Join us for those great insights from the other side of the table on the 245th episode of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:How many speakers does his organization hire annually? What are the three tiers of speaker fees in their non-profit? How can you be pro-active without being irritating? What specific details in your videos are important to event planners? Why does he talk with the potential speaker before hiring them? What role does post-event communication play in your referability? How does his organization determine if a speaker provided their value? How partnerships and sponsorships can work to cover your speaking fees. And so much more! EPISODE RESOURCES Josh McGhee on LinkedIn Booked and Paid to Speak Elite (free) strategy session Got questions? Send them in here Email me! Subscribe on iTunes, and leave us a rating or review
259. How to Stay Relevant with Scott Stratten
258. 5 Parts to a Successful Event with Chris Mefford
257. How to Create a Speaking Pipeline with Erick Rheam
256. The Five Most Common Fears Among Speakers with Erick Rheam
255. Speaking Your Life's Story with Josh Sundquist
254. The Financial Side of Speaking with Mike Michalowicz
253. How to Change Target Audiences with Vanessa Van Edwards
252. Cultivating Relationships as a Speaker with Harriet Turk
251. Navigating Life Changes as a Speaker with Melanie Deziel
250. Create and Use New Speaking Material with Ron Tite
249. A Day in The Life of a Professional Speaker
248. Leverage Your Network
247. Selling Yourself as a Speaker
246. Free to Focus with Michael Hyatt
244. How to Leverage YouTube For More Speaking Gigs with Amy Landino
243. How to Make a Good First Impression with Sylvie di Giusto
242. The Current State of the Speaking Market with Brandon Edmondson
241. Creating Your Speaking Brand with Rick Clemons
240. Becoming a Speaker in the International Market with Phil Jones
Job Search & Career Help RIGHT NOW - Anthony Hines -
Truck Driver 101.com
The Law School Show