News & Politics
Hello! Why are people reluctant to talk about the nation of England? And does this really matter? This week we’re getting stuck into the debate around English identity. John Denham, director of the Centre for English Identity and Politics and former Labour cabinet minister, discusses the importance of embracing Englishness and proposals for new political institutions. Journalist Sunny Hundal explains how to forge a progressive national identity and reclaim the flag from the far right. Then Green MP Caroline Lucas talks about exploring the relationship between England and Brexit on her ‘Dear Leavers’ tour.
We’re joined by comedian Rachel Wheeley.
87. ADMISSION IMPOSSIBLE: opening up our universities
86. I FOUGHT THE LAW AND... I WON: the art of successful campaigns
85. OPERATION BLACK VOTE: the fight for democratic equality
84. ON YOUR BIKE
COME AND BE CHEERFUL IN LONDON WITH US
83. PREDISTRIBUTION: what the hell does it mean?
81. HOPE NOT HATE: changing attitudes to immigration
80. REASONS TO BE BESIDE THE SEASIDE
79. HONEY I SHRUNK THE TECH GIANTS
78. (LIVING) WAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
77. THE GREEN WOLF OF WALL STREET
76. THE BEVERAGE REPORT
75. REASONS TO BE ICELANDIC: gender equality, 6 hour days and 'hidden people'
74. THE KIDS ARE ALL RIGHT: pupil climate strikes and the green new deal
73. FOR RICHER, FOR SUPER RICHER: taxing the ultra-wealthy
72. MORE IN COMMON: Overcoming political polarisation
71. THE CASE FOR PRIVATE SCHOOL REFORM...AND HOW TO DO IT
70. 2019: A PUBLIC SPACE ODYSSEY: transforming communities
69. A SOCIAL HOME REVOLUTION: the history and future of council housing