Health & Fitness
041 - Vicki Webber - How Does A Mother Of 4 Cope With Competitive Crossfit And Running A Gym?
In this episode we talk to Vicki Webber - CrossFit Competitor and Box owner.
Vicki shares with us
- how she fell in love with CrossFit and went from being someone who never really did much lifting to being an international competitor
- her pregnancy and birth experiences... and how different number four has been in comparison to the first three!
- her recent postnatal experience including difficulties with bladder control and heaviness in the perineum
- her experiences returning to CrossFit in the postnatal period
- how she has found that changing the way that she moves (with guidance from her physiotherapist) has helped her symptoms of heaviness in the perineum.
- her experience as a coach of the changes in post pregnancy information that is provided to pregnant and postnatal women
- how her coaching has changed since having recent symptoms of pelvic floor dysfunction
We hope to chat to Vicko again in the future to see how she is getting on in her journey.
You can learn more about Vicki here:
054 - Kieran Richardson - What Is The Future Of Physical Therapy and Evidence-Based Practice?
053 - Dr Adam Culvenor and Dr Andrea Bruder - How do we prevent and manage ACL injuries in women and girls?
052 - Molly Galbraith - Strong Women Lift Each Other Up
051 - Marika and Antony - Catching Up and Kicking Off 2021
050 - Dr Clare Minahan (PhD) - What Are The Unique Physiological Differences Of Female Athletes?
049 - Amanda Thebe - The Menopocalypse Is Coming For You!
048 - Dr Julie Granger - Are Teenagers Children or Adults?
047 - Dr Jo Milios - The Nuts and Bolts of Men's Health
046 - Amy Dawes - Birth Trauma Awareness Week
045 - Dr Jane Foster - What Does It Mean To "Take Emotional Responsibility Now"?
044 - Dr Sallie Sarrell - What is Endometriosis and What Is The Gold Standard Of Care For It?
043 - Inemesit Graham - What does the #BlackLivesMatter movement have to do with diastasis, body image and women's health?
042 - Amy Dawes - ABTA - Let's Start The Conversation About Birth Trauma
040 - Professor Peter O'Sullivan - How Has Pain Management Evolved?
039 - Antony and Marika - Neurodiversity
038 - Heather Edwards - Wait! Genitals Don't Equal Gender!?
037 - Teresa Waser - TIIPPSS-FC On How To Help Your Female Athletes
036 - Molly Galbraith - Ask Me Anything! - Part 2
035 - Molly Galbraith - Ask Me Anything! - Part 1
Copyright © 2006-2021 Podbean.com