Dortmund Fan Club London Podcast of the fan club founded in 2013
Episode 32 Daniel Farke's 'Die Kanarienvögel' talking the Dortmund-Norwich connection with Ben Ambrose host of 'Norwich Talk' the Norwich City podcast
Thank you for your interest in the BvB London fan community podcast as every week the focus of the show will be on exploring a facet of Borussia Dortmund's life by talking to experts and former participants of the club's life.
People like players, fans and journalists who have covered the club and decision-makers and experts who know the world of all our club well.
The aim of the podcast is to make this wonderful football club more accessible to non-German speakers. The podcast may also be of interest to German football fans who want to learn English.
Ben Ambrose is the host of 'Norwich Talk' the Norwich City podcast and a season ticket holder of many years at Carrow Road, the home of 'The Canaries' or 'Die Kanarienvögel' in German as the club's logo is depicted on a special edition T-shirt with a nod to the recent Bundesliga and BVB influence on the East of England based club founded in 1902.
Founded in 1902 the 2 time League Cup winners in 1962 and 85, City also 5-time winners of the second-tier title (Championship, formerly 2.Division) and play their football at the 27,359 seater at the magnetic 'Carrow road' stadium.
On the show today the aim is to shed some light on some of the influence of German football and in particular BVB on City with a focus on the current squad and of course their current coach and the former coach of BVB's second team, affectionately known as 'Die Amas' who currently play in the fourth tier Regionaliga-West, Daniel Farke:
1. Norwich City an introduction to the club and Carrow road ground successes, tragedies and folk stories.
2. Former BVB U23 coach Daniel Farke what he has brought to the club since joining in 2017/18 two promotions and one relegation, 'We were too entitled, Farke changes the club beyond recognition.
3. Familiar faces Felix Passlack (BVB current team) Marco Stiepermann (BVB youth and BVB II and first team 1998-2012) and Moritz Leitner (BVB 2011-2016).
4. The impact of former BVB II players Christoph 'Zimbo' Zimmermann and Mario Vrancic.
5. The Paul Lambert years, two promotions, a '49% win rate just don't mention The Tractor boys'.
6. Unheralded jewels from the Bundesliga at Carrow road: Rupp, Heise, Srbeny, Trybull, why Ralf Fährmann was 'City's worst ever signing'.
7. The Carrow road 'Yellow wall', traditions, choreographies and flags and one special European tie against Bayern Munich.
We hope you enjoy the show, remember to send us your comments, share the show with friends and to apply for tickets contact the club via the website which is borussiadortmundlondon.co.uk or join the London BvB community at our online group at Facebook.com/borussiadortmundfanclubengland.
During the season you can also come to watch a game at our meet-up Stammtisch at the Naughty Bar, just off Oxford Street, in Cleveland street central London.
All rights reserved Borussia Dortmund London Ltd 2020
It is Free
Copyright © 2006-2023 Podbean.com