A conversation with F. Jenny & E. Fox - What approach to the consumer welfare standard?
In this new episode, Eleanor M. Fox (Professor, NYU School of Law) discusses with Frédéric Jenny (Chairman, OECD Competition Committee, Paris / Professor, ESSEC Business School) the role of the consumer welfare standard in competition law.
Video available on Concurrences Youtube channel
Follow us on Twitter @CompetitionLaws and join the Concurrences page on Linkedin to receive updates on our next podcast episodes.
If you want to read more about this topic, check the Concurrences website where you can find all relevant articles:
- Joanna Christoforou, Frances M. Murphy, Michael Zymler, The UK Competition Authority publishes a paper on the impact of algorithms on competition in digital markets and consumer welfare, 19 January 2021, e-Competitions January 2021, Art. N° 99580
- Simon Holmes, Consumer welfare, sustainability and competition law goals, May 2020, Concurrences N° 2-2020, Art. N° 93496, www.concurrences.com
- Cani Fernández, Paloma Martínez-Lage Sobredo, Cani Fernández: The priority is to strengthen mechanisms to guarantee effective competition in markets that benefits consumers, May 2021, Concurrences N° 2-2021, Art. N° 100581, pp. 14-17
- Alden F. Abbott, Shanker Singham, Enhancing welfare by attacking anticompetitive market distortions, december 2011, Concurrences N° 4-2011, Art. N° 39546, www.concurrences.com
- Katsoulacos, Y., Avdasheva, S., & Golovanova, S. (2019). A Methodology for Empirically Measuring the Extent of Economic Analysis and Evidence and for Identifying the Legal Standards in Competition Law Enforcement. In Frederic Jenny Liber Amicorum: Standing up for convergence and relevance in antitrust. essay, Concurrences Review.
- Jee-Yeon Lehmann, Liz Neyens, Rebecca Scott, Tímea Laura Molnar, The US FTC holds two panels examining antitrust issues in labor markets as part of its hearings on competition and consumer protection in the 21st century, 16 October 2018, e-Competitions October 2018, Art. N° 96937
- Stéphane Rodrigues, Competition Policies and Consumer Welfare - Corporate Strategies and Consumer Prices in Developing Countries, February 2017, Concurrences N° 1-2017, Art. N° 83497, pp. 262
It is Free