A conversation with F. Jenny & E. Fox - Big Tech and competition law
In this new episode, Eleanor M. Fox (Professor, NYU School of Law) discusses with Frédéric Jenny (Chairman, OECD Competition Committee, Paris / Professor, ESSEC Business School) Big Tech and competition in the US and the EU.
Video available on Concurrences Youtube channel
Follow us on Twitter @CompetitionLaws and join the Concurrences page on Linkedin to receive updates on our next podcast episodes.
If you want to read more about this topic, check the Concurrences website where you can find all relevant articles:
- Farouk Er-razki, Big Tech and the Digital Economy: The Moligopoly Scenario, Nicolas PETIT, February 2021, Concurrences N° 1-2021, Art. N° 98935, pp. 266-267
- European Commission, The EU Commission opens an investigation into possible abuse of dominance by a Big Tech company in the online advertising technology sector (Google), 22 June 2021, e-Competitions June 2021, Art. N° 101438
- Italian Competition Authority, The Italian Competition Authority fines a Big Tech company 100 million euros for abusing its dominant position (Google / Enel X), 13 May 2021, e-Competitions May 2021, Art. N° 100968
- Thomas Höppner, Max Volmar, Phillipp Westerhoff, The French Competition Authority fines a Big Tech company €220 million for abuse of a dominant position through self-preferencing in the ad tech industry (Google AdX / Google DoubleClick for Publishers), 7 June 2021, e-Competitions June 2021, Art. N° 102322
- Annette Printz Nielsen, Hans Svensson, Kim Kit Ow, Slawomir Szepietowski, Stefano Febbi, Konrad Siegler, Michael Jünemann, Kristiina Lehvilä, Ivan Sagál, Michelle Chan, Shane Barber, Joost van Roosmalen, Trystan Tether, Pauline Kuipers, Scott McInnes, Cathie-Rosalie Joly, Adrian Calvo, The Dutch Competition Authority publishes its report on the role of big techs in the payment market, 3 December 2020, e-Competitions December 2020, Art. N° 98180
- Marc Wiggers, Robin Struijlaart, The EU Court of Auditors encourages the Commission to tighten the screws on Big Tech, 19 November 2020, e-Competitions November 2020, Art. N° 98285
- Luis Blanquez, Steven J. Cernak, The US Congress marks up 6 newly proposed antitrust bills aimed at reigning in alleged anticompetitive and monopolistic conduct by Big Tech companies, 23 June 2021, e-Competitions June 2021, Art. N° 102097
- US Federal Trade Commission, The US FTC starts examining acquisitions by 5 Big Tech companies from the 2010-2019 period that were not reported to the antitrust agencies under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act (Alphabet / Amazon / Apple / Facebook / Microsoft - 6(b) Platform Study), 11 February 2020, e-Competitions February 2020, Art. N° 95088
It is Free