Dortmund Fan Club London Podcast of the fan club founded in 2013
Episode 38 with Christoph Zimmermann Norwich City Centre-back (BVB U23s 2015-17)‘ The Premier League is intense and uncompromising‘
Thank you for your interest in the BvB London fan community podcast as every week the focus of the show will be on exploring a facet of Borussia Dortmund's life by talking to experts and former participants of the club's life.
People like players, fans and journalists who have covered the club and decision-makers and experts who know the world of all our club well.
The aim of the podcast is to make this wonderful football club more accessible to non-German speakers.
On today's show, our guest is current Norwich City centre-back Christoph Zimmerman, who also played for BVB II between 2014-17.
The 1.94m defender has notched up 135 matches across competitions in England and scored 4 goals. The 28-year-old worked his way up through the Borussia Moenchengladbach youth system before joining 'Die Amas' BVB U23 team in 2014.
1. Roots with Borussia Moenchengladbach, Daniel Farke comes calling and highlights with Borussia Dortmund II in the Regionaliga-West.
2. 'It was a no-brainer' a chance of a lifetime from the Regionaliga to the Championship. Impressions of Norwich City FC, the fans the city. Intensity of the Ipswich Town derby.
3. Debut at Fulham's Craven Cottage, first goal for the Canaries at Wolves impressions of legendary clubs and grounds in the English second tier.
3. The experience of the first promotion at the end of 18/19 to the Premier League, the town hall and parade.
4. The first season in the Premier League, debut at West Ham United, marking Arsenal's Aubameyang. Impressions of the new Tottenham ground. Liverpool and Kloppo and the mighty Mo Salah 'living the dream'.
5. What makes the Premier League compared to German football?
6. The second promotion 19-20, 'the pandemic made it a different season altogether'. The Emi Buendia factor. Josh Sargent and Milot Raschica at Carrow Road.
7. Working alongside Daniel Farke (former BVB II coach), 'Die Kanarienvoegel; the German lads. Group dynamic. Brentford and the sudden departure. View from Anfield. 'Manchester City was harsh but you learn'.
8. Hopes for the future, new coach. Why the Canaries can stay up.
09 Social media and acknowledgements.
It is Free
Copyright © 2006-2023 Podbean.com