Til and Whitney speak with fascial researcher, anatomist, and manual therapy teacher Antonio Stecco MD PhD about his research in to fascial properties, pain, and the effects of hands-on work.
Get the full transcript at Til or Whitney's sites!
Resources discussed in this episode:
- Dr Stecco’s research and publications (NYU)
- FM app on the Apple Store and Google Play
- Dr Stecco’s site: fascialmanipulation.com
- Papers mentioned in the episode:
- Gerber et al., “A Systematic Comparison Between Subjects With No Pain and Pain Associated With Active Myofascial Trigger Points.”
- Langevin, Helene M. et al. “Reduced Thoracolumbar Fascia Shear Strain in Human Chronic Low Back Pain.” BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders 12, no. 1 (December 2011): 203. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2474-12-203.
- Stecco, Antonio at al. “Ultrasonography in Myofascial Neck Pain: Randomized Clinical Trial for Diagnosis and Follow-Up.” Surgical and Radiologic Anatomy 36, no. 3 (April 2014): 243–53. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00276-013-1185-2.
- Whitney Lowe’s Online Clinical & Orthopedic Massage Courses
- Til Luchau’s site: Advanced-Trainings.com
- Books of Discovery: save 15% by entering "thinking" at checkout on booksofdiscovery.com.
- ABMP: save $24 on new membership at abmp.com/thinking.
- Handspring Publishing: save 20% by entering “TTP” at checkout at handspringpublishing.com.
About Whitney Lowe | About Til Luchau | Email Us: email@example.com
(The Thinking Practitioner Podcast is intended for professional practitioners of manual and movement therapies: bodywork, massage therapy, structural integration, chiropractic, myofascial and myotherapy, orthopedic, sports massage, physical therapy, osteopathy, yoga, strength and conditioning, and similar professions. It is not medical or treatment advice.)