Ep111: Chris Samartzis - Pool and Spa Safety Barriers and What You Need to Know When Buying, Selling and Leasing a Property
When the new regulations for pools and spas came in at the end of 2020 to have regular safety barrier checks when owning a pool or a spa, it creates a little confusion about what is expected at the time of sale or lease for a property owner. Today, we are going to find out what your responsibilities are when it comes to pool and spa safety barriers when you want to sell, buy or lease a property.
In a career spanning industry sectors including member-based associations, hospitality, FMCG and wholesale distribution, Chris Samartzis is now the CEO of the Master Pool Builders Association of Australia (formerly SPASAVIC). He has spent the best part of 30 years in the small business sector, with a particular focus on executive administration and board governance, Chris has successfully inspired organisations and the people within them to embrace a move to a superior market position.
1. How have the new pool and spa safety barrier regulations been received by home owners?
2. If you are thinking about putting a new pool or spa at your property, what are some great options for pool and spa safety barriers which are compliant, yet think outside the square?
3. When you're putting your home on the market, what are the responsibilities of the owner when it comes to pool and spa safety?
4. What are the penalties when you don't have a compliant safety barrier?
5. What is your advice for buyers to ensure they don't have a hurdle when they are getting the finance approved for a purchase?
6. How about landlords...what requirements do landlords have to do to make their pools and spas compliant before and during a tenancy?
Check out the MPBAA website for some unique pool barrier photos: https://www.mpbaa.com.au
Call the 'Real Copy Right' Hotline: 5977 8889
It is Free
Copyright © 2006-2022 Podbean.com