Religion & Spirituality:Christianity
Carmel and the Holy Spirit, by Marika Zimmerman, OCDS
The hidden power source behind our actions in fulfilling our mission as Secular Carmelites in the Church is THE HOLY SPIRIT!!! The Holy Spirit is involved in the Spiritual formation in the life of the Christian: He convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment. He gives believers an inward assurance of salvation. It is the Holy Spirit who breathes life into the Church, and it is through the power and gifts of the Holy Spirit that we deepen the intimacy of our relationship with Jesus. The Holy Spirit illumines the recollected intellect, and illumines it according to the mode of its recollection… Let us draw closer to the Holy Spirit so that we can fulfill our mission as lay Carmelites.
1. Catechism of the Catholic Church https://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
2. New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07409a.htm
3. Profile of an OCDS by Father Aloysius Deeney, OCD https://www.ocdswashprov.org/profile-of-an-ocds
4. The Collected Works of St. John of the Cross The Living Flame of Love1, 3 and 1,19 Canticle 1,6. The Ascent of Mount Carmel, 2,29,6. ICS Publications.
5. The Interior Castle Study Edition (p. 32, 107, 276). ICS Publications.
6. USCCB online Bible for various scripture passages https://www.usccb.org/
7. EWTN Poem https://www.ewtn.com/catholicism/devotions/novena-of-the-holy-spirit-by-st-benedicta-of-the-cross-edith-stein-291
It is Free
Copyright © 2006-2022 Podbean.com