7/11/22 - Permission To Have An Idea [w/ Carla Nordstrom]
In Which We Discuss:
1. Feeling helpless post Dobbs? Carla Nordstrom joins us with a list of action items that will help you sow the seeds of chaos!
2. Sri Lankans hold the pool party of the summer during their palace coup extravaganza! This is why you shouldn’t hold coups in January.
3. My baloney has a first name, it’s P-A-T-S-Y
4. Everything is the left’s fault. [End of Quote. Repeat the line.]
5. Democrats spend their primary season doing what they do best: Electing Republicans.
6. COVID. It’s on you.
Plus, find Carla's Girl Power playlist at the bottom of the post!
More from Carla Nordstrom: CBS News / Over 50 years ago this woman had an illegal abortion. Now, she's telling her story.
Brain Trust Live is Lila Nordstrom and Brent Thornburg's look at the week in electoral and political news. Join the millions of quarantiners, sirens, helicopters, barking dogs, and computer beeps who love our podcast and tell your friends about BTL! Then rate us on iTunes or find us Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Stitcher, or Instagram!
And, as always, you can buy and review Lila's book here: Some Kids Left Behind
Carla Nordstrom's Girl Power Playlist:
I’m Just a Girl No Doubt
The Pill Loretta Lynn
You Don’t Own Me Lesley Gore
Girls Just Want to Have Fun Cindy Lauper
Harper Valley PTA Jeannie C. Riley
Respect Aretha Franklin
Not Ready to Make Nice The Dixie Chicks
9 to 5 Dolly Parton
Talking About a Revolution Tracy Chapman
Sisters are Doing it for Themselves Eurythmics
Independent Women Destiny’s Child
I am Woman Helen Reddy
Can’t Hold Us Down Christine Aguilera
Our Problem Amada Shires
I Will Survive Gloria Gaynor
It is Free