Improve Staffing with Technology: Case Study on Development of a Staffing Tool
This podcast consists of an interview with Melissa Prince on how Ballard created and implemented a staffing (“workforce allocation” or “availability projection”) tool. We also discussed the impetus for the creation of the platform, the obstacles Melissa faced, and how she has driven engagement with associates and partners.
Questions Kristin asked Melissa:
1. Can you provide a little background about your role at the firm and your practice management department? Who handles staffing?
2. First, what did you identify as gaps in the staffing process that led to the development of your tool?
3. At the outset, who were your champions and where were your obstacles?
4. How did you decide to build something in-house as opposed to going to a third party vendor?
5. What are the primary features of your tool and what aspects are you still looking to build out?
6. Who references and utilizes the reports?
7. How are you continuing to drive engagement with the tool? Any ongoing challenges?
@Kristin Rhodes - Senior Practice Manager, Paul Hastings LLP
@Melissa Prince - Chief Client Value and Innovation Officer, Ballard Spahr
Recorded on 10-07-2022
It is Free