The Law of Attraction debunked by David Grimes, an actual scientist.
David Robert Grimes is a Science communicator and author. His book The Irrational Ape has been discussed on this show many times. He joins me today to discuss the Law of Attraction, the pseudoscientific craze that has made millennials, Gen-Zers, and Gwyneth Paltrow believe they can bend the universe to suit their will.
More from David is on his website: https://www.davidrobertgrimes.com
I highly recommend reading his book if you have ever wondered what on the flat earth makes people believe in conspiracy theories. David's an excellent communicator. and a great voice for science and rationality.
Support for the podcast
I'm an independent podcaster, which is a fancy way of saying no one pays me a regular wage. And, to level with you, that is terrifying- all of the time. So, if you like what I do and want me to keep doing it please support the show in one of the following ways.
- Share the podcast with a friend, or review the podcast.
- Make a one-off donation with BuyMeACoffee
I work with a couple of great companies who have discounts arranged for A Need To Read listeners, they're listed below. The discounts (BH) + freebies (AG) will already be applied when you click the link.
- Go to Therapy and get 10% off your first month with BetterHelp, who sponsor the show
- Get your nutrition covered with the all-in-one AG1 shake from Athletic Greens, who also sponsor the show.
- You can also give me feedback/comments/validation by emailing me: hello (at) aneedtoread.co.uk
It is Free
Copyright © 2006-2023 Podbean.com