Gal-pal of the podcast, Pat Greenberg, is with us to decipher the confusing information around healthy eating. She brings it back to the basics for an effortless approach to having a healthy kitchen. This episode is for anyone who wants to lose some weight, get more fit, or just to be healthier and feel better.
Below are suggestions for healthier eating using common food items most of have on hand or can easily get. Making small changes are easier, and they add up to success!
- No matter what meal you are eating and what’s on your plate, always start with a big glass of water.
- Start out by only eating treats outside of the house. Celebrations at restaurants, parties and milestone events are fine but keeping your kitchen clean of treats will keep you on track.
- Every meal should include a serving of fruits and vegetables. Pizza with veggies is a perfect example.
- Any protein will do, beef, chicken, fish, beans, and (my go-to) eggs.
- Dairy products are fine, just don’t consume any that are artificially prepared or colored.
- Breads should be sourdough or whole grain.
- Instead of a candy bar, substitute a bowl of nuts and chocolate chips.
- Instead of straight up soda, add seltzer to it.
- Always be mindful of portions sizes.
- Stick with foods you enjoy, life should always be happy!
- Lastly, if you are having trouble, it’s often emotional so do get yourself some help.
Ushering in a new era of bite sized livable health, nutrition and fitness solutions, Pat practices what she preaches. A working wife and mother, she has 30 years of experience as a Certified Nutritionist, Chef, and Wellness educator. She lives a healthy lifestyle in an often-chaotic world through good food and attainable fitness. Patricia runs The Fitness Gourmet, a wellness consulting firm that specializes in teaching seminars nationwide. She has a special interest in enhancing the education of the public, providing accurate nutrition and health information to today’s consumer which has had an impact on the lives and health of thousands of people.
- Website: https://www.patriciagreenberg.com
- Email Pat a question: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Buy Pat’s book: https://www.amazon.com/Patricia-Greenberg/e/B001IR1E2
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefitnessgourmet
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/PatriciaGreenberg
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/patgreenbergthefitnessgourmet/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thefitnessgourmet/
Women Beyond a Certain Age is an award-winning weekly podcast with Denise Vivaldo. She brings her own lively, humorous, and experienced viewpoint to the topics she discusses with her guests. The podcast covers wide-ranging subjects of importance to older women.
- Website: https://womenbeyond.podbean.com
- Join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenBeyond/
- Follow our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WomenBeyond/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/womenbeyondacertainage/
- Episode archive: https://womenbeyond.podbean.com
- Email us: WomenBeyond@icloud.com
- Denise Vivaldo is the host of WBACA. Her info lives here: https://denisevivaldogroup.com/
- More of Denise’s info is here: https://denisevivaldo.com
- Cindie Flannigan is the producer WBACA. Her info lives here: https://linktr.ee/cindieflannigan
- Denise and Cindie’s books: https://www.amazon.com/Denise-Vivaldo/e/B001K8QNRA%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share