Back At It: Back Pain Revisited (with Stuart McGill)
Til Luchau and Whitney Lowe welcome back special guest Dr. Stuart McGill, a distinguished professor emeritus at the University of Waterloo and one of the world's leading experts in back pain and spine health. They discuss:
• Common misconceptions about back pain
• Stiffness and mobility in back pain, and the role of bodywork
• Inflammatory factors in back pain
• Traction and movement techniques to mechanically "vacuum" extruded nucleus and alleviate disc bulges
• The McKenzie prone press-up exercise, and its potential effects on disc bulges and facet joints,
• and more.
Overall, this episode sheds light on the complexities of back pain and offers valuable insights for manual therapists and bodywork practitioners.
Watch the video and get the full transcript at Til or Whitney's sites:
About Whitney Lowe | About Til Luchau | Email Us: email@example.com
(The Thinking Practitioner Podcast is intended for professional practitioners of manual and movement therapies: bodywork, massage therapy, structural integration, chiropractic, myofascial and myotherapy, orthopedic, sports massage, physical therapy, osteopathy, yoga, strength and conditioning, and similar professions. It is not medical or treatment advice.)
It is Free