The Story of Wealth
- Wealth follows productivity and is influenced by changing preferences and beliefs.
- Each generation brings new ideas and perspectives that shape the future of wealth.
- Embracing freedom and being open to new technologies and trends is crucial for long-term success.
- "Wealth follows productivity. You have wealth from leverage and wealth from productivity, two different forms of wealth."
- "The people that built the old economy, no matter the level of manipulation that is done, you're never going to catch the kids."
- "Wealth is like water. It continues to flow and follows the path of freedom."
| **Timestamp** | **Summary** |
| ------------- | ----------- |
| 0:00:01 | Introduction to the podcast episode |
| 0:01:52 | The story of the Freedmans and the cycle of wealth |
| 0:04:46 | Lack of investment in technology leads to decline in business |
| 0:05:51 | Parents pass on the business to the next generation |
| 0:06:31 | Next generation starts their own successful businesses |
| 0:08:30 | Wealth from leveraging debt vs. wealth from productivity |
| 0:09:37 | Beliefs and preferences shape the value of things |
| 0:11:29 | Wealth follows free thinking and free markets |
| 0:13:09 | New generations create the future and disrupt existing industries |
| 0:15:21 | Investing in the new while adhering to time-tested principles |
Social Media Handles
Follow Philip Washington, Jr. on Instagram (@askphillip)
Subscribe to Wealth Building Made Simple newsletter (https://wealthbuildingmadesimple.us)
Phillip Washington, Jr. is a registered investment adviser. Information presented is for educational purposes only and does not intend to make an offer or solicitation for the sale or purchase of any specific securities, investments, or investment strategies. Investments involve risk and, unless otherwise stated, are not guaranteed. Be sure to first consult with a qualified financial adviser and/or tax professional before implementing any strategy discussed herein. Past performance is not indicative of future performance.
It is Free