IQT Explains: How Resilient is America’s Positioning, Navigation, & Timing Data?
This episode of The IQT Podcast delves into the world of positioning, navigation, and timing (PNT) data, which plays a critical part in supporting modern economies and infrastructure. This often overlooked, invisible aspect of our daily lives is crucial for synchronizing financial transactions, transportation, and navigation services. However, satellite-based PNT data is vulnerable to disruptions, which can have catastrophic consequences for our economy and national security. IQT's Abi Sivananthan, along with Dana Goward, President of the Resilient Navigation and Timing Foundation, join Dr. Sarah Sewall to discuss the resilience of PNT data and what the United States can do to enhance its security. Join us as we explore the nuances of this critical area for innovation and national security.
• The Importance of PNT Data for National Security and Economic Activity
• Enhancing the Resilience of PNT Data in the United States
• Technological Evolution of Satellite Provided PNT
• Security Concerns and Vulnerabilities of Satellite Provided PNT
• Modernization and the Limitations of GPS Satellites
Featured in this Episode
Executive Vice President, National Innovation Policy (IQT)
President of the Resilient Navigation and Timing Foundation
Senior Technology Architect, Intelligent Connectivity (IQT)
It is Free