Kids & Family:Parenting
Raising Leaders with Love and Faith - Nanette Brown, Part 1
"The greatest leader is the greatest servant" - Nanette Brown
Nanette Brown joins Yvette Hampton for a transformative conversation on the L.E.A.D.E.R. framework – a powerful acronym that stands for Love the Lord, Encourage in God's word, Ask God in prayer, Depend on the Lord, Evangelize, and Rest in the Lord. Discover practical tips for raising children who are not only grounded in faith but also poised to be exemplary leaders. Nanette, a seasoned homeschooling mom, shares her wisdom on guiding both naturally inclined leaders and followers, involving children in church activities, and the vital role of influential figures in kids' lives. If you’re eager to inspire leadership in your children and cultivate a heart for service and giving, this episode is a must-listen!
Come back Wednesday and Thursday for the rest of this important conversation.
Has the Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast been a blessing to you? Support from our listeners allows us provide resources, support, and encouragement to homeschooling families around the world. Would you please consider a year-end gift to support the Schoolhouse Rocked ministry?Recommended Resources:
Podcast Note-Taking Guide
Raising Kids To Be Leaders YouTube Channel
Instagram - @a_nanette_brown
"Homeschooling is a Powerful Tool" - Nanette and Rod Brown in Schoolhouse Rocked: The Homeschool Revolution
Lifeschooling Vision Planner
1. How can parents foster a sense of servant leadership in their children, following the L.E.A.D.E.R. acronym Nanette discusses?
2. What are some specific ways parents can involve their teenagers in church or community activities to help them develop leadership skills?
3. In what ways can family Bible time and prayer become more engaging for children, especially as they navigate the various stages of their development?
4. What strategies can homeschool parents employ to be more in tune with their children’s emotional needs, especially during the challenging teenage years?
5. Discuss the importance of having influential figures in a child's life outside of the parents. How can these relationships shape a child’s growth and leadership qualities?
6. What are the challenges of nurturing both natural leaders and those who tend to follow, and how can parents ensure they are giving their children what they need to thrive in their roles?
7. How can parents maintain their sense of purpose and resolve feelings of inadequacy when they face doubts about their homeschooling efforts?
8. Based on the inspiring story Nanette shared, how can parents encourage and support children who might show unexpected leadership qualities, and what does this tell us about recognizing each child’s unique gifts?
📚📖 Ready to start homeschooling? 🏠📓
🍿 Stream Schoolhouse Rocked: The Homeschool Revolution 🍿 for FREE today and get the 📖 Homeschool Survival Kit 📖 delivered to your inbox immediately!
❤️ ❤️ ❤️ Are you in need of a fresh vision for your homeschool? Join us for 4 days of Homeschool Encouragement at the Homegrown Generation Family Expo. Use the coupon code PODCAST to save 25% on registration today!
Be the most popular mom in your co-op. Get your Schoolhouse Rocked merch here.SPONSORS:
CTCMath - CTCMath specializes in providing online video tutorials that take a multi-sensory approach to learning. Creative graphics and animation, synchronized with the friendly voice of internationally acclaimed teacher, Pat Murray, make learning math easy and effective. Start your free trial today.
BJU Press Homeschool provides complete curriculum for preschool through 12th grade with both traditional textbooks and video courses available. Education from a Christian worldview reshapes how children see the world. BJU Press materials teach Christ's power and lordship through the Big Story of creation.
Apologia – Apologia is a Christ-centered, award-winning homeschool curriculum provider. Our mission is to help homeschooling students and families learn, live, and defend the Christian faith through our print and digital curriculum and online classes.
The Schoolhouse Rocked Podcast is proud to be a member of the Christian Podcast Community.
Connect with us:
@schoolhouse_rocked on Instagram
Schoolhouse Rocked on Facebook
Schoolhouse Rocked on YouTube
@SRHomeschool on Twitter
Schoolhouse Rocked Website (Blog, Newsletter, Support, Store, Movie, and More!)
It is Free