Building and/or Buying a House: PART 1
- Has the housing crisis hit down there yet. YES, but how bad is it?
- Building -vs- buying. The two best buy right now; new homes in guarded communities and residential towers (ahem, ... but what about those pesky earthquakes Chile style, when you’re happy as a clam and living in stylon the 29th floor?)
- How to make sure you get 1st World standards and quality in the 3rd World, and at half the price (or less
- Location, location, location: in Latin America its definitely true, but its also about the water supply, or lack of it... and why you Don’t want to be hooked to any local municipality cuz you'll be sorry.
- Property taxes Latin style: though they’re almost laughable, you still get what you pay for.