On Backpackers and Cheapskates, a Reality Check (especially you ladies) - Part 1:
- Why backpacking through LA is not just a slightly more rustic version of last year’s hike through the south of France (and will never be).
- Watch out! Those obliging locals are NOT what they seem.
- The backpacker’s code of honor, and the universal ethics of skinflint 1st world travellers.
- How to test the honesty of your hotel staff (you should do this BEFORE you get robbed, not after).
- A near surefire way to prevent your valuables (money, passport, plastic) from theft, and even if you do get robbed, you actually won't! (you let em’ have the decoy).