1. During your quiet time you develop the most important relationship of your life.
Matt 7:21-23 - Imagine after spending so much time involved in God's work, but at the end He says He does not know you if you do not develop this personal reationship.
2. Having a quiet time makes you develop the most important habit of all time. What is a habit? A recurrent, often unconscious pattern of behavior that is acquired through frequent repetition. An established disposition of the mind or character. Brushing teeth, tv, entertainment, sports, facebook, etc.
Habits in The Bible:
1. Jesus Like 4:16 - Jesus had a habit of attending church
2. Jesus John 18:1-2 He went to the garden to pray & meet with His disciples
3. Daniel 6:10 - Daniel had a habit of prayer
3. During Quiet Time, you draw near to God James 4:8
Heb 4:1 There are promises that God has that we must learn about, lest we miss out. Like entering into eternal life.
4. A quiet time makes you read the most important book in the world. The Bible - still the world's best seller book.
1 Peter 1:20-21, - ...holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 - All scripture is inspired by God
5. A quiet time is your personal school of the word. John 16:12-13
6. During your quiet time, you increase in your personal knowledge of scriptures
a. 2 Peter 1:5 - ...add knowledge to virtue,...
Prov 31:1-5, Prov 6:26 - reasons for following certain priciples that you can learn from reading the bilbe.
b. The word of God is the sword of the Spirit. Heb 4:12
7. During your quiet time you experience the presence of God.
Adam until the fall enjoyed the presence of God.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the Word was God... The word is God