- We need to understand a lot about an enemy or subject in order to deal with it properly.
- The devil does not spare anyone. Luke 4:12-13 Even Jesus had to face the devil in temptaion. And the devil left Him for a more favorable moment.
- The man lived in a cemetery, among the tombs. A place of fear. When fear attacks, it is a demonic spirit. Fear, frightening dreams, etc.
- 2 Tim 1:7 Living in fear is yielding your life to the demon of fear. Always makes you smaller or less than you can be.
- Fear leads us to irrational actions. Gen 3:9-10. We also fear a hide from God, Church, others knowing that we are Christians, etc.
- fear makes you hide gifts and talents Matt 25:14-25 (its too small, it will demand too much of me, it will alter my schedule unfavorably)
-Fear takes away your sound mind. You act abnormally when afraid: by taking away your peace of mind 2 Tim 1:7
- Fear takes power and courage away from you. 2 Tim 1:7
- Fear destroys love 1 John 4:18