1. You are a priest. Pastor describes doing for the people. Priest is in relation to what you do for and towards God. We are first priests unto God, before even service to people. 1 Peter 2:9 - As long as we can identify with being called out of darkness into His marvellous light, we are priests Ephesians 5:8 calls us darkness before we are in His light. Rev 1:5-6 - He loved us and washed us in His own blood and made us kings and priests...
2. The prayers we offer are incense to the LORD. Psalms 141:2 Revelation 5:5-8 - v8 The prayers of the saints are incense Revelation 8:3-
3. The priest ministers to the LORD, not for the LORD. Hebrews 8:3
God wants continuous incense, prayers offered at all times. Exodus 30:7-8
5. A priest sins when he does not offer the incense of prayer - this is every believer. 1 Samuel 12:23. We are to pray without ceasing - 1 Thessalonians 5:17
6. A priest is able to save or cause salvation by intercession Hebrews 7:25
7. Great miracles happen to the priest as he performs his priestly duty Luke 1:5-18 - the things happened to Zacharias when he was ministering incense