TV & Film
The Doctor Who Show S02 E03 - Incidental music from the 1960s to today
Hello! The musical episode promised last month has arrived. And no, that doesn't mean Dave's singing (as much as he'd like to)! After the usual wrap up of the previous month in Doctor Who, Rob and Dave work their way through 50 years-plus of Doctor Who incidental music, with clips, and a little help from some fantastic listeners.
In more detail, today’s episode covers:
– Listener feedback asking, "Was Pearl Mackie announced too early?"
– The return of Mondasian Cybermen.
- Class. Will it return in a second series?
- The ABC releases Series 10 trailer early.
- The Last Leg comments on the Series 10 trailer.
- John Barrowman still wants to meet the 12th Doctor on TV.
- David attends an old school sci-fi convention in Melbourne, "Con 80 - The Ultimate 1980s Sci-Fi Experience".
- New Doctor Who novels out soon featuring the 12th Doctor; The Shining Man (Cavan Scott), Diamond Dogs (Mike Tucker) & Plague City (Jonathan Morris).
- The Come-Uppance of Captain Katt by Peter Grimwade.
- Doctor Who incidental music, featuring comments from listeners Jim Cameron, Mark Smith, Kenny Davidson, John Hole, Jeff Waddell, Alastair Thomson-Mills, I'll Explain Later, Kathleen Cruikshank and music from stories including: The Daleks, Tomb of the Cybermen, The Web of Fear, The Invasion, The Sea Devils, Terror of the Zygons, The Sunmakers, The Leisure Hive, Logopolis, Enlightenment, The Five Doctors, Frontios, The Mysterious Planet, Dragonfire, The Happiness Patrol, Survival, The Movie, Doomsday, The Eleventh Hour, The Rings of Akhaten, The Wedding of River Song and more.
Thanks everyone, as always, for listening. We greatly appreciate your ears and your emails and tweets and, if you really want to make our day, why not leave us an iTunes review? See you next month...!
It is Free