Teaching Learning Leading K-12
Attendance - 158
Taking attendance is very important, but it shouldn't take you more than a minute or two. If it is taking you 5 or more minutes then you may be avoiding starting class.
3 Don'ts in taking attendance:
1. Don't take 5 or more minutes to figure out who is there and who isn't.
2. Don't let kids handle.
3. Don't trust your memory.
4 Do's in taking attendance:
1. Get it done.
2. Learn their names.
3. Create a way to speed up the process and not take away from instruction.
4. Insure that you have instructions for a substitute on how you handle attendance.
4 Main thoughts about attendance:
1. Learn their names.
2. Use seating charts.
3. Start class - get the kids "playing with the ball" - then take attendance during an activity.
4. Do not delegate this to a child.
Length - 21:43
It is Free