65: Brian Gesiak (@Modocache) - LLVM Engineer at Facebook, Swift Compiler Committer, Creator of Quick
Better known on the web as @modocache, Brian is a staple in the Swift community. From creating Quick, a Swift and Objective-C testing framework, to significantly contributing to open source Swift including commits to the apple/swift and apple/swift-corelibs-xctest, and most recently with his introductory guides to contributing to the Swift Compiler, Brian's efforts for the Swift community are invaluable. We talk about living and working in Japan, delaying your way into a new job, and how to make it easier for onboarding new Swift open source contributors. Enjoy!
- Listen to Fireside Swift & The Learn Swift Podcast
- Support Garric on Patreon. Every $ counts!
- Thinking about starting your own Learn Swift meet up? Contact me!
- IRC? - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat
- Cracking the Coding Interview
- GYB Files
TIP: Keep having fun!
Listen on iTunes. Support this podcast via Patreon. Questions, comments, or you just wanna say Hi? Contact your host @garricn on Twitter. This episode was recorded using the Cast platform by @JulianLepinski. Wanna start your own podcast? Try Cast!
It is Free
Copyright © 2006-2021 Podbean.com