Business:Management & Marketing
How to Create an SDR Team that Schedules 24K Demos a Year
Join us this week live at 11:30 am PST - Thurs. 12/21/17 when our guest will be, Henry Schuck, co-founder and CEO of DiscoverOrg, the leading sales and marketing intelligence platform. Under Henry's leadership, DiscoverOrg continues its exponential growth path, and in late August acquired its rival RainKing.
The recording will be added here no later than 12/26/17. You can catch the recording and transcription on the Heinz Marketing blog on 1/2/18.
From CEO to SDR: Astronomical Growth Through a Maniacal Focus on Sales Development
What to expect:
Brief overview of DiscoverOrg:
o The unequivocal leader in sales and marketing intelligence - focus on the most accurate and actionable B2B sales and marketing data to power pipeline and revenue growth
o Just marked its 10-year anniversary. In the past year:
▪ Acquired its largest rival, RainKing
▪ [In 2016] had $71M in revenues; on track for $125+M in 2017
▪ Named to Inc. 5000 Fastest-growing companies for seven straight years
▪ Among other 2017 accolades: Inc. Top 50 Best Workplaces; Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (third consecutive year); CODIE Award for top sales team, marketing team, company, and CEO in 2017; top sales and marketing software from G2Crowd, TrustRadius; TechOregon top growth company
▪ Fundamental belief that to be (AND scale) a high growth company, you have to DO the HARD things: define your target market, cold call relentlessly, align sales and marketing, execute an ABM strategy, etc. DiscoverOrg practices what it preaches
Journey to 24k Demos/Year from the SDR team:
o Implemented new hiring methods
o Created new inbound/outbound team structure
o Better aligned SDR team w/ Marketing
o Invested in new Marketing leadership
o Challenged SDRs to become 1% better each day
o Personal attention, mentorship and encouragement are all key to keeping the team on track
o Encourages the rest of the team to stay accountable, hold one another accountable
o Need to ensure repeatability of excellence
More about Henry:
Henry Schuck is a leading entrepreneur in sales intelligence and lead generation. Having founded DiscoverOrg in 2007 when he was 23, he has led the company on a rapid growth path including funding investments from the likes of TA Associates, Goldman Sachs BDC, FiveW Capital and NXT Capital.
Under Henry’s leadership, DiscoverOrg built the industry’s most accurate, highest-quality contact database, through a mix of technology and a team of live researchers who continually call into thousands of IT, marketing, HR, and finance departments. DiscoverOrg was recognized for the quality of its datasets with both a Stevie® and a CODIE award. It was also named a Leader and ranked Number One in customer service by G2 Crowd.
Before founding DiscoverOrg, Henry managed marketing and research at iProfile leading the company to a successful private equity sale.
He is a cum laude graduate of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas where he was selected in 2013 as the Honors College Alumni of the Year. He also holds a juris doctorate degree cum laude from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law and has studied comparative law at Oxford University. He is a licensed attorney in Washington and Nevada.
It is Free