iEat Green - Jessie Breslau- Co-Founder and Project Manager Foodshed.io - 04.12.18
Jessie studied Agricultural Development at Cornell University with a focus on sustainable agriculture and community development. She has spent time working on organic and biodynamic urban and rural farms in the United States and abroad. Jessie is also the manager of an urban farm in Bushwick called Feedback Farms, which is a member of the NYC AgTech Collective. She is the Project Manager at Foodshed.io, overseeing daily operations. She also works with farmers, getting them on the platform and helping them with technical problems, acts as an occasional delivery driver and helps with product development.
Three Bean Tortilla Soup
2 cans organic black beans
1 can organic red kidney beans
1 can organic cannellini beans
6 cups vegetable broth or water
8 cloves garlic
2 onions, chopped
2 red peppers, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper
1 Tbs. chili powder
1 t. cumin
1 t. unsweetened cocoa powder
½ t. oregano
1 tsp. dried chipotle pepper powder
1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes with chili peppers
½ t. salt
6 corn tortillas, cut into 1/2 “ strips, fried in a hot air fryer until crispy
1 red onion, chopped small for garnish
1 avocado, cubed for garnish
¼ cup cilantro, chopped fine, plus more for garnish
2 limes, cut into wedges
1. Sauté chopped onion in soup pot with 1 Tbs. water, adding another Tbs. of water as needed to prevent burning.
2. Add the peppers and garlic and continue sautéing.
3. Drain beans, and add to pot.
4. Add the broth, fire roasted tomatoes and all of the spices. Add the cocoa.
5. Partially puree the soup, leaving some texture to the broth, using a handheld immersion blender, directly into pot,
6. Taste and adjust spices to your liking. Add approx. ¼ cup cilantro.
7. When serving, garnish each bowl with chopped red onion, avocado, fried tortilla strips, cilantro and a lime wedge on the side.
It is Free