Religion & Spirituality:Christianity
08-12-18 Kevin Goins - Introduction to the Spirit part 2
“Introduction to the Spirit” John 7:37-52 (Pt 2)
John 7: 37-52 is Jesus’ introduction to the ministry of the Holy Spirit. What do these verses tell us about the ministry of the Holy Spirit?
I First, the ministry of the Holy Spirit is the alternative to religion (7:37a).
II Second, the ministry of the Holy Spirit is essential for everyone (7:37b).
III Third, the ministry of the Holy Spirit e_________ no one (7:37c).
A. It is easy to think that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is only for s________ people --
1. -- If we look at the h______ in Acts.
2. -- If we look at the s______ in church.
B. But “If anyone….” means more than simply that the Holy Spirit is meant for every b_________ - It means the Holy Spirit is for e__________ p_________.
IV Fourth, the ministry of the Holy Spirit is for those who are t__________.
A. There are two main mechanisms for maintaining our water balance: (1) the sensation of t__________ and (2) the k_________.
B. The simplest symptom of dehydration is thirst, but there are other symptoms:
1. difficulty thinking c_________
2. halitosis (b_____ b__________)
3. food c__________
4. f________ or lethargy
5. r________ heart
7. j_______ or m________ pain
8. h__________ or d_________.
9. k_______ problems
10. s_______, d______ skin or lips
C. Thirst is not only the key to physical health, it is also the key to _________ health:
D. How can we tell if we are thirsty for the Holy Spirit?
1. Do we have spiritual h__________?
2. Are we spiritually l___________?
3. Do we have cravings for things we know we do n____ n______?
4. Do we have h_______ problems?
5. Do we have b_______ aches and pains?
6. Do we have difficulty t________ c_________?
7. Are we d_______ u____?
It is Free