Games & Hobbies:Other Games
Episode 22: What You Can Get From RPGs
In which we discuss what we as individuals have gotten out of RPGs, and what other people can get from them.
* We now have a lost episode!
* Dixie was an awkward child/teen/adult
* RPGs helped her find "her people," her aesthetic, and confidence
* Eddy was a similarly awkward kid, and RPGs helped him, too
* On being "not enough" for certain subcultures/communities
* Surprise, Matthew was also awkward!
* Another surprise, RPGs helped his confidence, too!
* Speech therapy for all (three of us)
* Vampire/character voices
* Two digressions in quick succession
* RPGs as therapy tools
* The Wraith: The Oblivion curse
* How RPGs can affect players and GMs
* RPGs and trauma rules/The X-Card
* Which Onyx Path games are the most emotionally heavy?
* What does "fun" mean?
* Learning real-world things via RPGs
* We all love Britain
* Eddy and Dixie are going to conventions
* Stay tuned after the music for your new favorite ringtone
* Windows 10 bug: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2018/10/06/microsoft-confirms-windows-10-update-mistake-was-your-data-lost/#472b15a9665b
* Anthrax & Public Enemy - Bring the Noise: https://youtu.be/kl1hgXfX5-U
* Nicholas Briggs Interview: https://inews.co.uk/culture/television/doctor-who-voice-of-the-daleks-nicholas-briggs-interview/
* iThrive: http://ithrivegames.org/
* Bodhana Group: https://www.thebodhanagroup.org/
* A Theory of Fun for Game Design by Raph Koster: https://www.theoryoffun.com/
* Save Against Fear: https://www.thebodhanagroup.org/about-the-convention
* High Level Games Con: https://hlgcon.com/
It is Free