Games & Hobbies:Other Games
Special Episode Four: Save Against Fear
In which Eddy, Dixie, and Matthew throw together an emergency extra-long episode using listener questions and a game design panel from Save Against Fear!
* EMERGENCY EPISODE
* Introductions from the panel
* What's the process when you start to design a game?
* When do you reinvent the wheel or reskin something else?
* The X-Card and other safety mechanisms
* How do you merge theme and mechanics?
* Handling feedback
* Favorite mechanics
* How would you design a game for players new to tabletop RPGs?
* One thing that starting game designers should know
* Imposter syndrome: "Shut up Stamford!"
* Designing for disability and impairment
* Instead of outro banter, we do an ad-hoc Q&A!
* Questions from iceblade44: Sothic turns, relationship with vampires, and the Spilled Blood book
* Apollo is unhelpful
* Question from George Lemke: Can we get a Storypath deep dive?
* Eddy has seen a lot of pictures of birds with arms
* Question from Yoidan: What are our dream games?
* Leave us your questions on the blog at theonyxpath.com!
* Save Against Fear: https://www.thebodhanagroup.org/about-the-convention
* Retrostar: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/168254/Retrostar-Rulebook
* Kids on Bikes: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/231938/Kids-on-Bikes-Core-Rulebook
* Pugmire: https://realmsofpugmire.com
* Project Biomodus: http://www.projectbiomodus.com/
* Onyx Pathcast blog: http://theonyxpath.com/category/projects/onyxpathcast/
It is Free