Sports & Recreation
86: Max Weiner- MiLB Pitching Coordinator, Seattle Mariners
3 Key Points:
- ¨You have to assess what's going on. That's the first thing, and at that point, what you can pretty much do is determine what their movement quality is, whatever is present, and then make the prediction of what their general movement capacity would be like, what's their total potential? .” – Max.
- “You'll hear a lot of mental performance or sports psychology coaches always say, anytime you're going into a game, it shouldn't be the first time you've been there, right?” – Max.
- “Creating familiarity whether that's at home or on the road is key.¨–Max
- “You have to be a great communicator. And that means speaking and listening..¨–Max
- “I think the number one thing to do is humanize the data.¨– Max
- “If you can coach the environment and pick out the right internal schemes and understand like, what sort of constraints you're looking for, and how you want to tear those out and understand those from like a long term versus short term standpoint, you can almost say, Okay, I'm expecting this player's performance to go down here for two weeks, while we're working on this ultimate goal.¨–Max
It is Free