Religion & Spirituality:Christianity
The Virtue of Hope: Drawn from “Divine Intimacy” and Pope Benedict XVI’s “On Christian Hope”
“Divine Intimacy” by Fr. Gabriel of St. Mary Magdalen, OCD; Tan Books.
“Prayers of Hope” by Cardinal Francis Xavier Nguyen Van Thuan; Pauline Books & Media
“On Christian Hope” encyclical by Pope Benedict XVI.
1 Corinthians 2:9
1 Timothy 2:4
1 Thessalonians 4:3
Practical Ways to Increase Hope:
1. Pray, pray, pray!
2. Change your thoughts into positive thoughts.
3. Be kind to yourself…read a great book, watch a movie classic, have a great cup of coffee.
4. Curtail your intake of the news.
5. Celebrate Life by treating each day like the precious gift it is.
6. Take a Break.
7. Practice an Attitude of Gratitude; thank God for the sun, your breath, your eyesight, your senses, your gifts, your loved ones.
8. Express Love Tangibly: hugs, words, notes, acts of kindness.
9. Say this affirmation frequently each day: Jesus, I trust in you.
10. Make a Difference by pitching in, serving others, being a part of something bigger than yourself.
11. Keep perspective.
12. LAUGH! SMILE!
13. Notice little signs of hope in your life.
14. Stay healthy.
15. Take time to remember all the amazing things God has done for you.
16. Surround yourself with optimism.
17. Enjoy Nature: take a walk, study a leaf, smell a flower, enjoy a sunset, ravish God’s natural beauty.
18. Ponder the possibilities!
It is Free