Games & Hobbies:Other Games
Episode 30: Let's Talk About Characters!
In which Eddy, Dixie, and Matthew tell you about their characters.
* Eddy kicks off talking about the characters in Chill Third Edition
* What games have really striking and representational characters?
* Vampire the Masquerade had a very diverse (if occasionally problematic) base of characters
* Cyberpunk games like Shadowrun and Eclipse Phase
* The pros and cons of playing characters not like yourself
* The demographics of V5 Chicago by Night
* The design goals of iconic and signature characters
* What kinds of characters do we prefer to play?
* Dixie talks about her D&D halfling
* Matthew talks about his Shadowrun elf
* Eddy talks about his D&D half-elf
* Characters with families
* What characters were helpful to work something personal out?
* Matthew learned as a GM from an awkward Pathfinder game
* Characters as a metaphor for real-world concerns
* What character concepts would we love to play?
Chill Third Edition: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/148433/Chill-Third-Edition
Eclipse Phase: http://eclipsephase.com/
Chicago by Night Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chicago-by-night-for-vampire-the-masquerade-5th-ed
Dungeons & Dragons: http://dnd.wizards.com/
Werewolf the Apocalypse: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/112871/Werewolf-The-Apocalypse-20th-Anniversary-Edition
Werewolf the Forsaken: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/145541/Werewolf-the-Forsaken-2nd-Edition
They Came From Beneath The Sea!: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/tcfbts/
It is Free