Kids & Family
E57 - Home Birth with Grace Yun - Parent Talk
Episode:E-57 Home Birth
Guest(s):Grace Yun, Registered Midwife
Today on ParentTalk, Geneviève and Heather are welcoming Grace Yun, Registered Midwife, to tell us all about Home Births.
• Grace shares her personal Home Birth experiences.
• Why might expectant parents want to choose to have a Home Birth instead of a Hospital Birth.
• Is it a good idea to take a child birth/prenatal class before having a Home Birth?
• Is it possible for a family to keep their placenta in a home birth setting.
• Home Water Births.
• How long does the Midwife stay after a birth? Who is responsible for cleaning up?
• What care will a Midwife provide in a transfer situation.
• Grace goes over all the equipment that a Midwife brings with her.
• Is there an increase in Home Births?
**Content Edit: Please note that Grace talks about how OBs are there for high risk pregnancies however she also meant to say that they are present in regular pregnancies as well when a patient isn’t using a midwife and also sometimes to assist and or consult with a midwife at the hospital.**
It is Free