Games & Hobbies:Other Games
Episode 39 - What we look for in Writers
Episode 39: What we look for in Writers
In which Matthew and Eddy discuss the skills they look for in freelance writers.
* Where's Dixie?
* Diverse Voices
* Finding the right voice for the game
* Voice in Pugmire vs. voice in Vampire
* Voice in Vampire: The Masquerade vs. voice in Vampire: The Requiem
* Spaces around emdashes
* How clean should a first draft be?
* The strength of collaboration
* Matthew's high standards - he's a benevolent tyrant
* Speaking to the developer and asking for aid when needed / Proactivity
* Meeting up with the developer and co-writers
* Unsolicited advice vs. strong collaboration
* Don't try to become the developer when hired as a writer
* Swapping assignments
* Getting the most from redlines
* Read other writers' drafts
* Writing without shame
* Read the required writing!
* Research and write
* Where to find us on social media
* Come back, Dixie!
Chicago by Night on Backerkit: https://www.backerkit.com/projects/200664283/chicago-by-night-for-vampire-the-masquerade-5th-ed
Pugmire on DriveThruRPG: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/204313/Pugmire-Core-Rulebook
Monarchies of Mau on DriveThruRPG: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/243273/Monarchies-of-Mau-Core-Rulebook
It is Free