Religion & Spirituality:Christianity
Not single, not double, but triple predestination! Listen to this episode to uncover the meaning of this mysterious formulation. Also, why predestination does not necessarily have to be the worst possible doctrine, contrary to popular belief.
2. Paul R. Hinlicky, Paths Not Taken: Fates of Theology from Luther through Leibniz
3. Chief biblical texts mentioned are Romans 7, 9–11, Isaiah 53, and John 3:16.
4. Robert Kolb, Bound Choice, Election, and Wittenberg Theological Method
5. The main source for Karl Barth's take on predestination is in volume II/2 of his Church Dogmatics.
6. Philip S. Watson, Let God Be God: An Interpretation of the Theology of Martin Luther
7. J. K. S. Reid, "Introduction," in John Calvin, Concerning the Eternal Predestination of God, trans. J. K. S. Reid (Louisvile: Westminster John Knox, 1961), 9–44.
It is Free