Religion & Spirituality:Christianity
Character Building - The Futility of Faith and Positive Thinking
The Futility of Faith and Positive Thinking
Today, our monthly character building presentation discusses the concepts of faith, positive thinking, presumption, and humans coercion towards God…
How do we exercise faith?
• Some would say it is by 'claiming God's promises.'
• But what about when that doesn't work?
• Was the problem the faith? or God?
Isaiah 43:2 - "neither shall the flames consume you"
• With that in mind, why did Huss and Jerome die?
• Why did John the Baptist die?
• Are the promises faulty?
• The promises are spiritual...
Thesis: Don't concentrate on your faith or lack of it
Hypothesis 1: The more you focus on the Giver of salvation, the more you trust Him.
Hypothesis 2: The more you trust the Giver of salvation, the more your faith develops in Him.
Hypothesis 3: The more your faith develops in the Giver, the better the quality of your faith… and everything else shall be added unto you! (quantity of your faith).
All of us have faith (trust)! Where is your faith centred?
It is Free