Religion & Spirituality:Christianity
07-28-19 Kevin Goins - The Wrong Side of the Jesus Divide
“The Wrong Side of the Jesus Divide” John 8:21-29
Just as there is a mountain range which divides the American continent, so there is a divide in the spiritual world which stands between those who belong to the Kingdom of Light and those who belong to the kingdom of darkness. This divide is Jesus. What puts people on the wrong side of the Jesus divide?
I. S_______ p_______ puts people on the wrong side of the Jesus divide.
A. The Pharisees cannot hear what Jesus says about their sins,
because for them sin was not a ________.
B. We all believe we are way above average. Psychologists call this the state of i____________ s_____________.
II. Allegiance to the ________ puts people on the wrong side of the Jesus divide (8:23).
A. Jesus says two things in vs 23 about these people: First, there is a s_________ divide between them.
B. Second, Jesus says there is a k_________ divide between them.
1. In John the “world” is defined as the system of life and thought which __________ God.
2. The world is not only a thought system which is opposed to the Kingdom of God, but the world does all it can to ______ people _____ of the Kingdom of God.
III. _________ puts people on the wrong side of the Jesus divide.
A. When Jesus says we must believe, what exactly must we believe?
1. We must believe that Jesus is ______.
2. We must believe that God is _______.
3. We must believe that Jesus was _________.
4. We must believe that it was Jesus’ death on the ______ that saved us from our sin.
B. There is ______ to know about Jesus, but if we do not believe these _____ things we will find ourselves on the wrong side of the Jesus divide.
IV. W_________ i___________ puts people on the wrong side of the Jesus divide (8:25-27).
It is Free