Health & Fitness:Nutrition
In this episode of the Leanne Ward Nutrition Podcast, I chat with accredited sports dietitian, Peta Carige about how to gain muscle mass.
Peta is one of Australia’s leading sports dietitians who's area of expertise is maximising performance by providing simple, practical and individualised advice.
Peta has worked with a range of athletes including Olympic gold medalists and premiership winning players from the Brisbane Broncos and the Newcastle Knights.
Peta and I start the episode by discussing how nutrition helps or hinders us to gain muscle, what a realistic time frame is to gain muscle and other factors besides nutrition that impact our ability to gain muscle.
We move on to discuss the theory of 'newbie gains', how to minimise fat gain when gaining muscle, the optimum timing for protein intake and why carbs matter for muscle gain.
If you would like to learn more, check out Peta's website https://petacarige.com or her Instagram.
Use code LEANNE at goodnessme.com.au for 15% off everything! Think pantry essentials, drinks, choccy and chips, superfoods, and more!
Please subscribe and leave me a review
If you enjoyed this podcast, please tag me and share it in your Instagram stories and leave me a positive rating or review in the purple Apple Podcast app (in the rating & reviews section underneath the episode lists). This really helps my podcast get prioritised by Apple and helps me disseminate evidence based information to the people that need it the most! Don't forget to subscribe to my podcast so you never miss an episode!
117. Starting Your Baby on Solids, with Paediatric Dietitian & Nutritionist Anna Ritan
116. Volume Eating with Dietitian, and Hungry Human, Paula Norris
115. Healing Eczema, with Dietitian Julia Chien
114. Food Sensitivities: The Gut Questions You Need Answered, with Dr Will Bulsiewicz
113. Sports Supplements That Actually Work with Accredited Sports Dietitian, Peta Carige
112. How To Conquer Your Gut Health, with Registered Dietitian Heather Finley
111. My Pregnancy and Birth Story, with Hubby, David
110. Gestational Diabetes and Pregnancy with Dietitian Leslee Flannery
109. Changing the Way You Think About Nutrition with Registered Dietitian, Colleen Christensen
108. Nutrition, Food Safety & Healthy Weight Gain During Pregnancy, with Dietitian & Nutritionist Stefanie Valakas
106. Social Eating Tips for the Silly Season
105. Coeliac Disease & Gluten-Free Diets, with Advanced Accredited Practising Dietitian, Dr Kim Faulkner-Hogg
104. Nutrition Myth Busting, Health Halos and Media Hype, with Specialist Registered Dietitian, Nichola Ludlam-Raine
103. Nutrition for Perimenopause & Menopause, with Advanced Sports Dietitian Angie Clark
102. Period Nutrition, with Advanced Sports Dietitian Angie Clark
101. The Life-Changing Habit of Meditation, with Luke McLeod
100. How Your Personality Affects Weight Loss with CSIRO Research Scientist, Dr Gilly Hendrie
99. Healthy Habits and Long-Term Success, with Dr Gina Cleo
98. Q & A with Leanne, Part 2
The Model Health Show
Dishing Up Nutrition
The Exam Room by the Physicians Committee
ZOE Science & Nutrition
Half Size Me
Copyright © 2006-2022 Podbean.com