Ep110: Jodie Pipkorn from DISER - Energy Ratings - What Do They Mean?
Energy ratings are designed to show home owners how economical their home is to run and, how much their home contributes to greenhouse gas emissions. There are so many contributing factors that make a home energy efficient, and the higher the rating, the better it is. However there are plenty of economical changes people can make to their homes to make their home more energy efficient. Today, we are going to find out what they are, direct from the government.
Jodie Pipkorn has been working with sustainable housing for government for the last 14 years. Previously an architect in both the UK and in Melbourne, Jodie is now leading the introduction of the new home energy ratings across Australia as part of the nationwide house energy ratings scheme team, within the Commonwealth Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources.
1. To get the ball rolling, what are energy ratings and how do we know what rating our homes have?
2. Is it an Australian standard or a Victorian Standard?
3. Who determines our home's energy rating?
4. Are there energy ratings for existing homes or just new homes?
5. I would suggest that homes built in the 1970's - 1990's are probably the least energy efficient, what era do you consider to be the least efficient homes?
6. What are some of the simple things we can do to make our homes more energy efficient?
7. What do you get points for when determining your energy rating?
8. How many points would you get, if you had solar hot water for instance?
9. What is the highest rating you can get?
a. Are there any houses in Victoria with that rating?
10. What are the changes currently proposed for the new home energy ratings in Australia?
11. How much extra will that add to the cost of building a home?
12. How much will Australia's new target to reach zero emissions by 2050 make an impact on building property?
For more information go to the following websites:
Call the 'Real Copy Right' Hotline: 5977 8889
It is Free
Copyright © 2006-2022 Podbean.com