Replay Ep56 - Sophie Lyon: The New Residential Tenancies Act
New legislation comes into fruition for renting property in Victoria on the 29th March 2021, and over the next 3 weeks, we will be talking in depths about how the changes will affect tenants, landlords and property managers with our regular property management expert Sophie Lyon.
Sophie Lyon has worked in property management for more than 30 years, and is currently the Director and General Manager of Property Management at Jellis Craig Boroondara.
Sophie is actively involved as a Director of the REIV, and is an accredited trainer currently focusing on delivering training for the new Residential Tenancies Act.
1. What changes will be made from the 29th March 2021 when it comes to starting a new tenancy?
2. Like selling a home, there has been a previous tactic of raising the price of a rental property if it's in high demand. Can property managers and landlords ask prospective tenants to bid for a property anymore?
a) can you offer more, even it it is banned to ask for more?
3. What questions are now considered to be inappropriate and against the law for property managers and landlords to ask?
4. What terms will be considered unlawful under the new act?
5. What will be the maximum bond and advance rental payment allowed in the new act?
6. If an applying tenant has signed the agreement and paid their bond plus the first month's rent, but the landlord hasn't signed the agreement, is the agreement enforceable?
7. What happens with my information after my tenancy application has been accepted or not accepted?
CONTACT SOPHIE at Jellis Craig - Boroondara.
Phone: (03) 9810 5053
For advertising enquiries or to order copy:
Call the 'Real Copy Right' Hotline: 5977 8889
It is Free
Copyright © 2006-2022 Podbean.com