Ep136: Sam Gamon - The Benefits of Selling Through Winter
Usually Melbourne winters cool down the real estate market. With a lack of leaves on the trees, colour in the garden, shoes required to be taken off at the open for inspections and rain coming from all directions, most don't see it as an optimal time to be selling their biggest asset. Yet with a lack of property on the market, and those looking to settle before Christmas, those who choose to sell their properties on the market seem to be able to get a sale price that's beyond their expectations. So today's podcast is all about the benefits of selling through winter.
Not many agents have this long list of attributes that make them a top agent. A 4th generation agent who has made it to the Top 100 Real Estate Agents in Australia 4 times with REA, was Top 10 in Victoria in 2021 and sells over $100 million in property every year. He's a 5 times suburb winner for Elwood on RateMyAgent, a finalist in REIV Senior Auctioneers competition and has recent sales of a $7.25 million home in Elwood, a $4.25 million home and a $3.82 million home. Welcome Sam Gamon from Chisholm & Gamon.
1. Why does the market traditionally slow down in winter?
2. Why is it a good time for vendors to consider selling?
3. Do you think there is a misconception that there is more rain in winter, but the reality is spring is when the clouds open up?
4. Which month is a little underrated in terms of selling?
a). Do you find there are a lot of buyers who just want to buy before the spring season sets in.
5. Does the weather deter people from attending auctions, or do the serious buyers still come?
6. Why do buyers like to buy in winter?
7. What should you do now if you want to take advantage of a July or August auction, before spring hits?
8. During your opens, what do you recommend vendors do for those who want to inspect their property, to ensure it's perfectly presented?
9. What are some tricks of the trade to help those who want to take advantage of the winter market?
10. Is there any other tricks of the trade that agents like to use during winter to help the vendors?
Sam Gamon can be contacted on 0425 702 574
Call the 'Real Copy Right' Hotline: (03) 5977 8889
It is Free
Copyright © 2006-2022 Podbean.com