God sees His people as sheep, dependent creatures and is so interested in our involvement to help make the fruit reman that our prayers are answered based on fruit that remains.
1. All you need is a desire - to be involved in the work of keeping the sheep. 1 Tim 3:1 ... If a man deisre... A bishop is simply someone who oversees God's people. - Gal 4:18 - It is good to always be zealously affected in a good thing. - God works with our desires and willingness Phil 2:13 - Isa 6:8-9 The prophet just volunteered himself when the LORD asked for someone to send. And the LORD accepted and sent him.
2. Becoming a shepherd is a natural stage in the development of a believer. - Heb 5:12
3. There is a great need for shepherds. - Matt 9:36-38 - v37 the harvest is plentious but the laborers are few.
4. God's people are scattered. - Matt 9:36 - Ezekiel 34:5 - The devil has access to God's people because there is no one to take care of them.
5. In order to fulfil the great commission. Mat 28:19-20 - The commission is to go and teach - a process not a single event. - 2 Tim 2:2 - the same commit to faithful men that will teach others also.